No Internet with Frontier Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-09 19:58:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

The Frontier techs came out and replaced our Spectrum cable internet with their Fiber.  They installed the ONT in the garage, and used the coax with a MOCA connection to the Deco M9.  It would not connect to the internet, although it was getting a valid IP address from the ONT.  We swapped the Deco for their provided Eero 6 Pro, and that worked just fine.  Went back to the Deco with the same NO INTERNET.  

So, we had to leave the Eero in place, connected to the ONT via MOCA, and then plug the Deco into the Eero.   I would prefer to just use the Deco alone, and don't want double NAT and another device using electricity. 

I have tried cloning the MAC address of each port of the Eero into the Deco, which didn't work.  I tried turning on the IGMP and WAN Unicast, both of which didn't seem to help.

The Eero is set to WAN port DHCP, and the Deco is set to Dynamic, so both the same.  I cannot find anything else to change.  I have rebooted the ONT and connected the Deco in place of the Eero and it gets the IP adress, but says NO INTERNET.

Hopefully someone can help!

If I cannot get this working, I will just have to buy more Eero nodes and eliminate the Deco.  

But, the Deco is faster and has been working fine for the last year or two.

Options
3 Reply
Re:No Internet with Frontier Fiber
2022-07-12 06:25:01

@jimschoice 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you have an Ethernet laptop so that we could connect the laptop to the MOCA connector and check whether it got the same IP as Deco?

Or have you checked the internet IP on the Eero to see whether it had the same IP as Deco when connected to the MOCA?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-12 21:27:53

@David-TP 

When MOCA adapter is connected directly to my desktop PC:

IP Address:      47.147.163.39

DNS Servers:     74.40.74.40

When MOCA adapter is connected to the Eero showed:

WAN IP Address:   47.155.186.218

Subnet Mask:        255.255.252.0

Router IP:             47.155.184.1

Wan Type DHCP (Default)

When MOCA adapter is connected to the Deco M9:

Ignore Ping from WAN is ON

Dynamic IP

IP Address :        47.151.204.25

Subnet :             255.255.252.0

Default Gateway:  47.151.204.1

Primary DNS:       74.40.74.40

Secondary DNS:  74.40.74.41

It still does not work when the Deco is connected to the MOCA adapter.   I really want to eliminate the EERO as it gets so hot, and the wifi range and speed is not nearly as good as the Deco!  Not to mention, I only have one Eero and 3 Decos, and buying more Eeros is not something I can do at this time, nor do I want to!

Options
2022-07-13 05:43:53

@jimschoice 

Thank you very much for the details.

I would like to follow up on your case by email so that I could consult the senior engineers for more help.

Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 673

Replies: 3

Related Articles