Wifi not working (via extender) on Laptop even with stable internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 05:23:28
Tags: #extender
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an Acrher AC 1200 router and I also have an AC 1750 extender. I have placed the extender a feet or two away from the router and the signal is now strong in all the rooms. I originally bought this because the wifi signal was not too strong in my bedroom. I followed the steps given on the box to set up the extender. I was under the impression that I would see the extender in my wifi options but I only see my router in my laptop only this time the singal is strong. The internet is working fine the speed is enough to get work done. 

The problem is if I turn off my laptop and turn it back on and connect to the wifi even though the internet is working (checked it on my cellphone), it doesn't work on the laptop, unless I first connect to a hotspot and then connect to my wifi. Is this a common issue? What can I do to resolve it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi not working (via extender) on Laptop even with stable internet
2022-08-09 02:14:23

Hello   @iamdk 

From the description, It's more like something to do with network adapter on your laptop

• Try having the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option disabled

Adapter Properties settings>  Power Management tab> Uncheck   "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box

If this does not help, you could try to update the driver for the Wi-Fi network adapter and reach laptop support for some further suggestions. 

e673cb31714642898fd5970d4d36a0f8

Options
Re:Wifi not working (via extender) on Laptop even with stable internet
2022-09-02 02:53:04

@Solla-topee I have a Mac so not sure what to do there. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Tags

extender
Related Articles