DECO W6000 Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO W6000 Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO W6000 Mesh
DECO W6000 Mesh
2022-08-22 22:43:11 - last edited 2022-08-23 03:47:59
Model: Deco W6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26

I bought this system so I could hook up a verizon phone network extender via sattelite through the internet. The TP-Link device asks for a modem. I have fiber optic internet service that does not require a modem. It said somewhere to connect the fiber optic cable ditrectly to the node. Then I got a message that the network is not secure. I tried hooking up my old modem router, but that didn't work either. Is a modem required for this system to work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO W6000 Mesh
2022-08-26 07:07:08

@Cattleships 

Hi, If your new fiber optic service has an Ethernet output, you don't need a modem and Deco could be connected to the Ethernet output directly.

As for the message "network is not secure", could you please share a picture with us?

But if the new fiber optic service only has a fiber port coming into the house, a fiber terminal is still needed.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 1

Related Articles