W7200 issues with latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 13:02:01
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38666

Was having absolutely no issues with my Decos.  Needed to update a bedtime in parental controls on Saturday night and saw that there was a firmware upgrade to the one referenced above (Release 38666).  Sunday, started having a ton of issues with the internet speeds no matter if it was on wifi or hardwired into the switch and then the router.  Did some tests with my AT&T modem and no issues there.  Turned off the Decos and bypassed them totally and no issues.  If I restart my AT&T router or the Decos, the speeds will be fine at first (250 MBps or so).  But over the next 15-20 mintues, the speeds will get slower and slower.  Tried this multiple times and got the same result.  Did a manual reset on the main Deco Sunday night and had to switch the designated main one to a different unit.  Speeds seemed to be fine.  This morning, had a flashing red on one of the units.  

Did a manual reset on each of the Decos this morning, which meant that I had to re-create the entire wireless network.  Not a huge deal if it would have fixed things.  It worked great for the first 10 minutes, but speeds are slowing down again.

None of these issues seemed to be there with the previous firmware.  Is there a way to revert back to a previous firmware to avoid these issues?  It looks like you can do it via the 192.168.68.1 portal, but where do you get the file?

Options
1 Reply
Re:W7200 issues with latest firmware
2022-10-04 00:05:56

@clonghurst,

The Firmwares that have been published to the web for your device can always be found on the support page for your Deco model: Firmware Downloads

Before you roll back the firmware, three things

1 - Try Replacing the Ethernet Cable between the Modem and Router, a fault may have been developed

2 - Try Disabling QoS or setting the QoS to above what you expect from your ISP, then restart the deco network

3 - Try disabling UPnP on the Deco, as this can sometimes cause devices slowdowns

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 1