TP Link AC1200 PCIE Adapter not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 20:53:27

Recently, I bought a TP Link PCI Express Wi-Fi adapter but ran into some problems

First of all, I see duplicate networks, my regular network, and my network again except with a 2 and a 3. I don't know which one to connect to so I connected to the second one

Second and most importantly, my internet would just disconnect randomly, when it isn't disconnected its insanely slow, I can't watch a video wothout buffering every 5 seconds (its pretty much unusable). It was fine for the first few days but afterwards this problem wouldn't stop. I tried the ipconfig /flushdns but nothing changed.

If you need any additional info that may help I am happy to share. Any help would be appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link AC1200 PCIE Adapter not working
2022-10-10 07:46:56 - last edited 2022-10-10 07:47:20

@Plasma 

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

On the box of the PCI E adapter, can you find the model & hardware version of the device. How to find the model number of your TP-Link device

• If it is model Archer T4E, please  download and install the latest driver 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t4e/

• Disable other wireless adapters on PC/ Laptop when use tp-link adapter 
  • To help isolate the issue, check if other network device can stream video without buffer, please test at the same location of the PC which installed the adapter.
  • Try a different Wi-Fi channel on the router: 

Scan nearby wireless channels using  inSSIDer/WiFi Analyzer app and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel and change wifi channel on the router.

if still the same, can I know the model of router, and the network topology?
Please help check the driver version of adapter and computer motherboard info and send us the photos: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Btw, for the multiple Wi-Fi SSIDs, it can be the SSIDs of the different nodes in mesh or from multiple APs which uses the same Wi-Fi name you could double-check with the router support and see those come from your router/ Wi-Fi system. 

If you use a Mesh system, please check also check if you can disable mesh for the certain network device. 

Options