Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability
Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability
2022-10-20 18:09:00 - last edited 2023-02-16 19:52:34
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Affected Deco Models:

Deco XE75, Deco XE75Pro, Deco XE5300, Deco X90, Deco X68/X3600/W7200

This Behavior has fixes now being pushed to the official firmware release.

Please ensure that you have updated your router to the most recent version according to the Router's Support Page before attempting to use the firmware below. 

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Typical Network Topology:

Verizon Internet > Verizon Fiber Box (aka ONT) > Main Deco

Computer 1 is wired into the main Deco by Ethernet or Gigabit Adapter

Computer 2 is wirelessly connected to the main deco and supports Wi-Fi 6

When Running Speed Tests, Results May Appear As Such:

Computer 1 (Wired): Almost Full ISP Speed

Computer 2 (Wireless): Normal Download Speed, Upload Speed is limited to 200-300Mbps

The Engineering Team has released beta firmware for the concern. If you are experiencing this behavior while connecting your Deco to a Verizon ONT, please upgrade your Deco to the following beta firmware from the WebUI of the Main Deco.

Instructions on How to Upgrade Your Deco Firmware via the WebUI can be found here:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

or

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1599/

Beta Firmware Disclaimer

Note: This firmware is a beta version of firmware for your Deco Network, Beta Firmware provided by TP-Link is used at your own risk. There may be unforeseen issues or bugs, as such TP-Link cannot guarantee full functionality or guarantee full support for any concerns that may arise as a result of the use of beta firmware.

Deco Model Beta Firmware Version and Link
Deco XE75 / XE5300 V1 1.1.6 Build 20220922
Deco X68 V1 1.1.0 Build 20220926
Deco X3600 V1 1.1.0 Build 20220926
Deco W7200 V1 1.1.0 build 20220926

Note for Other Deco Models:

For other Deco Models, such as the Deco X90 or the X20 V2 that do not have a beta firmware version and you believe that you are experiencing the same behavior, please contact our support team with the following information ready:

1. Model Number of the Deco
  2. Your Expected ISP, Internet Bandwidth
  3. Wired and Wireless Screenshots Directly from the Main Deco
    1. Try to also obtain screenshots for each computer, showing the difference in performance.
  4. If you have been in contact with support or the community, please have either the Topic ID or Ticket Number Ready.
Options
16 Reply
Re:Beta Firmware for Select Deco Models and Verizon ONT Compatability
2022-12-04 14:40:52
Is this just for XE5300 V1 hardware or also V1.6 hardware?
Options
2022-12-05 01:50:59

@Holocron 

Hi, it is for both Deco XE5300 V1 and V1.6.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-06 14:25:30

@David-TP 

Thanks. I tested the beta firmware this morning and my experience was not ideal.

The immediate issue was that it changed the LAN IP to default (I use 10.10.0.1) and the WAN IP's would not connect:
bcc86f3cd740403ba6b3611545e6fddb

These are clearly not the IP's I normally get from the Verizon ONT for my WAN connection.

I tried rebooting everything from the ONT to the Main Deco. It was all stuck and would not revert to proper functionality.

I eventually downgraded back to the 1.1.5 public firmware. Same issues.

I powered off everything. Connected my Verizon router and ran through their trouble shooting. Eventually that started to work. I then started by reconnecting the Main Deco. It ironically reverted back to my correct LAN IP range.

Added the sattelite Deco's back one at a time. Seems stable now on public.

Options
2022-12-06 21:07:28

@Riley_S 

FWIIW: I tried again this afternoon with the same results.

Options
2022-12-09 12:12:57 - last edited 2022-12-09 12:14:38

paging: @Riley_S   @David-TP 

Options
2022-12-09 22:54:42

@Riley_S Hi! I'm having very similar issues on my new XE200 (AXE11000) model, but severely more affected, with my upload speeds only reaching a measly 20 mpbs on a FiOS 1gbps connection. My old Archer router reached upwards of 900 mbps upload speed, and seeing your post and others online I realized many others are having issues with this. 

Wondering if the XE75 beta firmware can be applied to my XE200, or is it a big no-no for me to attempt upgrading my Deco firmware for a preceding model...?

Options
2022-12-10 00:16:54

@mp228,

I do not believe the Deco will even let you put the firmware from another device on it. Each firmware is extremely specific to the model, as every device will have a different combination of chips, technologies, and manufacturers. If other models are affected by the exact same behavior, the fix will most likely be pushed after the beta firmware is released for this device. May sound bizarre, but if you only have a gigabit connection to your ISP, try changing your WAN connection to one of the 1.0Gbps ports rather than the 2.5 port. This is sometimes enough to fix any unexpected behaviors

Options
2022-12-10 02:40:30

@Riley_S Oh man! Good thing I waited for your response, and thank you for replying so quickly.

I hope that the firmware update comes quickly! I have the same issue with Verizon FiOS ONT and Deco XE200 leading to slowed upload speeds. 

In my case, I'm going to try changing the ethernet cable from my ONT port to the 1 Gbps port in the Deco XE200 instead of the 10 Gbps port that it's currently in first. Will report back soon with my results. 

Right now, my upload speed is in the tank, 5 Mbps (compared to 821 Mbps download speeds). If I can at least get it to 300 Mbps, I can patiently wait for the firmware update, but I can't even start a livestream with my current setup.

Options
2022-12-11 20:29:40

@Riley_S That fixed it for me! Thanks so much! Switched the ONT ethernet to the 1 Gbps port on the Deco and sprang back to life, speeds of 980 Mbps on both Download and Upload! 

What a weird fix...!

Options
2022-12-19 12:14:53

@Riley_S is this resolved in the latest 1.1.18 release?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3659

Replies: 16