re305 extremley slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

re305 extremley slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
re305 extremley slow
re305 extremley slow
2022-10-29 10:22:39 - last edited 2022-10-29 10:38:50
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi guys , had this for maybe 3-4 years. it was always ok at first and recently noticed its only running at 2mbs.  my main router is around 260mbs.  i use it on a 2.4ghz extender and it only connects my doorbell and 2 security cameras.  occasionally a phone when we leave certain rooms etc. is there anything i can do to get it back to a useful speed or is it just old and outdated ? tried turning it on and off haha.  not very good at this side of things 

cheers

update - upgraded the firmware and now its at 26mbs so that was a quick win .  can it go higher ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:re305 extremley slow
2022-11-01 19:14:16

@jonbradburn,

Unfortunately, going through the emulator for the 305, there are not too many options that will result in a speed increase more than what you have already done. However, you may have luck changing settings on your router instead. Unfortunately with Range Extenders, there are multiple places along their path where speed is lost. For one, the Range Extender will have half the total received speed just so that it can communicate with both the router and PC at the same time. There is also a great deal amount of speed lost over wireless communications, as the data has additional information passed along with it so that the computer knows how to assemble the data on its end.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 1

Related Articles