Deco not connected to internet with Verizon Fios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 00:28:09 - last edited 2022-11-03 00:29:15

Hello,

I just bought a 3 pack AXE5300 to help with the Wi-Fi in my large house.

I have Verizon Fios internet only and am using Verizon router CR1000A.  The main Deco is connected to the Verizon router with an Ethernet cord and the other two satellite decks are using Wi-Fi.  All of the decos appear to be connected and are green but the Deco app speed test does not work because it says I'm offline.  The Deco Wi-Fi network is unreliable and drops frequently, with some devices connecting to the Wi-Fi but no internet connection.  This even happens when the device is in the same room as a satellite Deco.

it appears that the Decos are not connected to the internet, even though they are green.

I've tried switching between router mode and access point but neither fix the problem.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco not connected to internet with Verizon Fios
2022-11-04 08:18:55

@LKS Hi, for the issue here" All of the decos appear to be connected and are green but the Deco app speed test does not work because it says I'm offline", it is like the problem mentioned here:Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online

For the unstable network, it is quite like case3 here. Have you tried to turn off fast roaming and beamforming as well as Mesh Technology on the Deco:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552 (case3)

If it did not help, please update here with the following details:

1. What are the model numbers of devices that dropped out frequently?
2. How to recover the connection? By rebooting the device or connection comes back automatically?
3. Did the disconnection happen to one specific Deco or randomly happen to all Deco units?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1170

Replies: 1

Related Articles