New Deco 3.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Deco 3.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Deco 3.0
New Deco 3.0
2022-11-23 16:22:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Reaching support by email without remembering the date I bought the Deco and where is impossible! So I'm posting here in hopes that TP-Link reads this.

The new Deco 3.0 software on the wi-fi settings tab shows my network password. It needs to be removed! Anyone who might pick up my phone, with 2 clicks can now get my network password very easily. Everyone knows their network password - from a security standpoint - showing it and making it easily available is stupid! TP-Link please fix this ASAP!

Further the new Deco 3.0 integrates Kasa to the network app - why? Does it override my Kasa app settings? If so, you need to make the same Kasa setting available in this app! Such as for lighting control - in the Deco app I can't do dusk to dawn, but I can in the Kasa app! Should I just not import devices to Deco 3.0? I certainly don't need two apps to control devices from the same phone! If we're expected to migrate all devices to Deco 3.0 - TP-Link needs to provide the same functionality as in the Kasa app!

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Deco 3.0
2022-11-24 03:43:22

@Danzer , Hi welcome to the community.

Thank you very much for the feedback. The Wi-Fi settings part will be optimized in the later version upgrade and the wireless password will be hidden by default.

As for Smart Home feature on the Deco APP, since it just updates to Deco APP 3.0, I think more features might be planned to be synced from the Kasa APP later, and I will check with the engineers later for more details. 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-24 16:03:59

@David-TP David When will the update be done to hide network password?

I've had many apps and never has one had an exposed password - no less one that accesses my whole network! This needs to be done ASAP!

Further, migrating Kasa into the Deco app is useless unless the Deco app has all the functionality of the Kasa app!

What is the time frame for full functionality?

Options
2022-11-26 16:03:36

Danzer wrote

Anyone who might pick up my phone, with 2 clicks can now get my network password very easily.

You don't have a password to prevent people from using your phone? 

Options
2022-11-26 16:12:08

@jam905 Of course I do, but not always locked when it's near by. Further - do you know how easy it is to jailbreak into a phone? Or unintended malware that has a remote reader in it. Not the point anyway - no app should be showing a password exposed - never have had one yet - especially not for a network - until this one of course - it's insanely stupid!

Options
2022-11-28 07:00:31

@Danzer 

Hi, the default hidden password is planned to be added on Deco APP 3.2, and currently, Deco APP 3.1 is under testing now.

As for the Kasa features migration, there hasn't been a clear time frame for it yet.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 376

Replies: 5

Related Articles