Internal network fails if internet connection goes down?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-11 14:29:17 - last edited 2023-01-11 18:12:09
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Yesterday my internet connection went down.  When it did my entire internal deco network stopped working.  I lost access to my security cameras, my media server, my NAS, etc.  None of which is dependent on an internet connection.

I emailed tp-link support who responded that this is by design and i should talk to my ISP for a better connection (we get 200 inches of snow here every winter, internet outages are unavoidable where i live).

This is not only inconvenient, but also unsafe as my internal security system components can't communicate with the network down. 

Ive never even heard of a router failing to route internal traffic because  of an external link going down.  Surely the email support team got it wrong.  How do i prevent this from happening again?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internal network fails if internet connection goes down?
2023-01-12 02:29:17 - last edited 2023-01-12 02:32:03

@EdS123 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to install the latest firmware 1.2.0 for Deco X55 V1 here and it has optimized the WAN/LAN auto-sensing working mode on Deco: Deco will not reselect the wan/lan port until the Ethernet WAN cable is re-plugged.

Early Release VPN/Static Route/MTU Firmware for Deco X50/X55

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Internal network fails if internet connection goes down?
2023-01-12 03:59:19

@David-TP 

Thank you for the reply!  I knew there had to be a solution to this issue.  I will research the update process this weekend so i know what to do, and perform the upgrade early next week while the kids are at school.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 2