Deco M9 degradation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 degradation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 degradation
Deco M9 degradation
2023-01-16 17:44:28 - last edited 2023-01-16 17:46:15

I have Deco M9 mesh, with 5 units. As I have sky FTTP, I am using in access point mode. The Decos seem to be limiting the speed. (I have 500Mb fibre)

For example if i connect a laptop to the sky Wi-Fi, I get about 400Mb when beside the sky router.

The main deco is connected to the sky router via cat 6 Ethernet. When I connect to the deco network, I get 50-60Mbps when beside the unit. 

if I connect the laptop straight to the sky router via cat 6 I get the full 500. If i connect the laptop to the main deco via cat 6, I am still only getting 50-60. So the deco is limiting the bandwidth?

If I take the cable that is connecting main deco to the router, and plug it into laptop, I'm getting 500Mbps. So the deco is definitely receiving full bandwidth from router. But via Wi-Fi, or even hardwired to deco instead of sky router, I only get 50-60mpbs. 

the speed test through the deco app also reflects dame 50-60

any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 degradation
2023-01-17 07:11:19

@robsmyth78 

Hi, Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Connect the ISP modem to another port of the main Deco M9 plus.

2. Please refer to this link to change a different unit as the main Deco: How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 1

Related Articles