AX3000/AX55 WAN not connected problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 00:28:57
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I just received my AX3000 AX55 router and hooked it up to my o2 homebox. Low and behold it didn't work. 

Specifically, it is saying that the WAN cable is unplugged and the wifi (saturn) doesn't light up. I have done the following so far:

-swap cables 

-changed ip address

-cloned mac address

-booted and rebooted modem and router

-checked to see if the WAN port was working so I inserted the ethernet cable into the LAN port of the router and the LAN lamp on the router lights up, which according to doumentation means that the WAN port is working. 

Nothing has worked. To make matters worse, now the old netgear router also doesn't want to give me internet. Seems strange as I haven't changed anything on the modem or the netgear router. 

Any help will be extremely helpful and have a great day. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000/AX55 WAN not connected problem
2023-01-26 18:08:44

@toksuede,

It looks like the o2 Homebox is only used outside of the United States. I would recommend creating a thread on our global forums, where they may be better suited to assist. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en

While that may indicate from the documentation that the port is working, this does not indicate that the device is actually receiving a connection from the modem; I would recommend connecting a PC to the modem and testing your connection. Once that connection is seen, clone the PCs mac address and your router should be able to communicate with your modem

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles