Deco X90 and ATT Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X90 and ATT Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X90 and ATT Fiber
Deco X90 and ATT Fiber
2023-02-01 16:46:35
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20221114 Rel. 50649

Hello,

I was just curious as to what the optimal settings are for compatability with ATT Fiber. I'm currently using my Deco as the router with ATT BGW 320-500 in passthrough with wifi radios disabled on both bands. I also have passthrough mode on BGW set to dynamic. Are there any settings within the Deco app that I should be using to get the best out my new hardware? 

Current Deco Settings:

Fast Roaming toggled to Enabled

Beanforming toggled to Enabled

Operation Mode Wi Fi Router

Thank you!

Derrick

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X90 and ATT Fiber
2023-02-01 17:43:52

@Netdork,

I believe that you have set everything correctly to get the best speeds. There are a few other options that you can change, but these are all optional and depend highly on the technical specifications of the client devices. I would however, recommend changing your DNS server to a common service such as Google or Cloudflare. I have seen users report dramatic increases just by changing this setting

Options
2023-02-01 18:19:27
Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate your help and will play around with different DNS servers. Best!
Options
2023-02-01 19:18:36

@Netdork I've found that my Apple devices seem to stick to 5 ghz band better with Fast Roaming disabled. Riley helped me with this the other day and it's made a nice difference. 

I also have AT&T fiber and your settings on that side look correct to me.

Options
2023-02-01 19:49:38

@BdoUK Thanks for the tip. I'll have to play with the fast roaming feature and test it out. Appreciate your input!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 4

Related Articles