Thermostat keeps losing connection to TP-LINK even though it is 4" from Deco unit.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Thermostat keeps losing connection to TP-LINK even though it is 4" from Deco unit.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-08 23:26:28
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20221020 Rel. 40492

I have an Emerson Sensi thermostat that is several years old. It worked flawlessly with my older Netgear router and range extender.

Now, even though it is about 4 inches from one of my Deco units, it disconnects from the wifi every couple of weeks. 

As with many of my devices, it almost always shows up on the Offline Clients list, even though it usually is connected and works just fine, even when it is on this list. If I do go into the Sensi app to adjust the temp, it pops up onto the Online Clients list briefly, then drops off again.

But like I said, every couple of weeks it disconnects completely. (At least, those are the only times I have caught it disconnected. It is possible that it is disconnecting more often and reconnecting itself without my knowing it.)

Anyway, sorry for the less than concise post, but all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options
2 Reply
Re:Thermostat keeps losing connection to TP-LINK even though it is 4" from Deco unit.
2023-02-09 07:02:50

@deebeeeff 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I see there are three types of Sensi Thermostats:Sensi smart thermostat/Sensi Touch smart thermostat/Sensi Touch 2 smart thermostat.

Which one is like yours and would there be any error message on the thermostat when the connection lost?

Sensi Thermostat Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

It is also suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology" for the smart thermostats on the Deco APP.

If possible, for troubleshooting purposes, please disable "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Thermostat keeps losing connection to TP-LINK even though it is 4" from Deco unit.
2023-02-09 13:39:26

@David-TP 

Thank you for your response.

I have the Sensi smart thermostat, no touch screen. When it drops connection, it has a WiFi symbol with a small "x" to the left of it, and displays 00 when I go intot he menu.No other error message per se.

All of the suggestions which you gave I had already done after it happened the first time: Mesh Technology for this unit off; Fast Roaming and Beam Forming for WiFi also off.

The thermostat did reconnect a minute or so after I pressed the Connect button on it. I will review the Sensi help guides again.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 2

Related Articles