suddenly slower wi-fi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 11:31:28
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Apologies in advance, I'm not particularly techie, but I've done my best to resolve this and have hit a brick wall.

I'm paying for a 1 gb connection but realised I was only getting 500 mb over wifi so I spoke to my provider who explained that was the limit of their routers so I bought the AX53 in the hope it would resolve it. 

I set everything up and the speeds were the same, around 500-600, but found this useful post in the community https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/25483 and set it up identically. I managed to get DL speeds of around 790 and upload speeds of 980ish.

I've noticed things were slower this morning so checked and am now only getting 90mb/s, and have called my provider to see if there's an issue in the area but they've said everything is fine but they can't help further as I'm using a third party router now. 

I've tried different channels and channel widths but nothing gets it above 90mb/s. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this or how to figure out what's up? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:suddenly slower wi-fi speed
2023-02-28 00:26:32

@Silver142 

There are a lot of factors that go into WiFi internet speeds.  The capabilities of the Network adapter in your client device and the capabilities of the router are two of the big ones.  Can you provide more information about the setup?  

What type of device is your Client?

What band are you connected to?

Do you know your Link Rate?

Can you connect directly to the router via Ethernet?

If so what are the speeds?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Related Articles