Ethernet slower than wifi?!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 17:36:27
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20211111

This is weird. My internet service maxes out around 250mbps, and using the Deco mesh system I'm getting impressively close to that over Wifi. However, over hardwired ethernet I'm maxing out at around 99-100mbps. 

This is totally bizarre to me, my old router (a Dlink from roughly a year or two ago) didn't offer the coverage that a mesh system does, but my cat5 connections consistently got approximately the max speed I'm paying for (250mbps). I keep my desktop hardwired for reliability and I'm using the same cables as before so nothing changed other than replacing the previous Dlink router with the Deco mesh. Now, I'm noticing that I unplug my cat5 and turn on Wifi, I get FASTER THAN WIRED INTERNET?! Something is backwards here, right? 

Is there a setting or something I'm missing? What would this be?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet slower than wifi?!
2022-05-05 09:30:05

@mzdishe 

Hi, is this Ethernet desktop wired to the main Deco directly, or to the network switch then switch to main Deco XE75?

Would restarting the Deco restore the speed?

If not, could you please refer to the last part of this FAQ and help me get the driver info of the desktop-Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

At the same time, could you please also send me the following screenshots:

1. the wired speed test result when connecting to Deco.

2. the link speed on the desktop-How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 264

Replies: 1

Related Articles