Deco S4 Ethernet speed is slower than usual?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 17:13:42

Hey there I need some help! Just a week ago I was getting speeds of 120Mbs, and when downloading games from steam I would get a download speed of 20MB/s. My deco was In router mode before, but I switched it to W.A.P (wireless access point) mode like 2 weeks ago to started a minecraft server but even with switching modes I was still able to download games at the same speed. But now just recently my speeds have dropped down to 50Mbs when I ran it through a speed test, and it can only download games at a speed of 13MB/s, Does anyone know why this is happening? I have pictures of my set up below for my internet.

As you can see the main deco that gets the internet is connected to my router, and the other picture is my other deco which I use a Ethernet to connect it to my pc. I have been using this setup ever since I got my deco's in July and had not ran across this issue up until recently. I have also noticed is that my ethernet network name has changed, it used to show up as Gondal but now it shows up as this.

I am sure that my Ethernet cable isn't bad as I had got a new one and tested it out but the speeds were still low. Just the other night I tried to update the firmware and see if that was the issue, after installing the firmware for the decos nothing had changed and still got slow speeds. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 Ethernet speed is slower than usual?
2021-09-13 06:01:26
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 1