VPN on another router connected to Deco x55 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-03 08:25:19
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I want to create a separate network with a Router that can run OpenVPN Client (nordvpn) alongside my x55 network. 

So, I hardwired a GL.iNet GL-AXT1800 router to a switch on my x55 network.  This router has its own VPN Client capability.  

With the VPN client turned off, the GL.iNet router works fine. 

When I turn on the VPN on the GL.iNet router, anything connected to the GL.iNet router loses internet connectivity.

I've updated the x55 firmware to version 1.2.0 which supports VPN server/client.  I also enabled access permission for all VPN clients on the x55.

Is the x55 unable to passthrough a VPN this way?    

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN on another router connected to Deco x55 network
2023-03-06 06:51:21 - last edited 2023-03-06 07:01:43

@sny1120 Hi, welcome to the community.

Is your current network layout like this:

ISP modem---Deco X55---network switch---GL.iNet router(running as a NordVPN client)

The VPN pass-through is enabled by default on Deco. I think the NordVPN client should work properly without any additional configuration on Deco X50.

I searched on the internet and on the configuration guide of GL.iNet router, it said:

cb21f1ccde6c4fadbbe088d4daf63828

https://www.gl-inet.com/solutions/vpn/nordvpn/

If possible, please try to temporarily remove Deco X55, then connect the GL.iNet router directly to the ISP modem. After that, please check whether you are able to connectthe  to NordVPN server.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:VPN on another router connected to Deco x55 network
2023-03-07 03:52:39

@David-TP 

Disregard.  I was using the wrong VPN server.  All good now.  Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 4