Deco X55 - Wired devices showing on wrong satellite unit after setting different unit to MAIN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X55 - Wired devices showing on wrong satellite unit after setting different unit to MAIN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-18 17:28:16
Tags: #Device Listing
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20230113 Rel. 54525

I recently had to move my ISP modem to another room.  Because of this move, I changed the unit closest to the modem to the Main unit.

They are wired as follows.

ISP > Cat6 to Bedroom(New Main Unit) > Cat6 to Orange Room (old main unit) > Cat6 to Living Room. 

I have 4 devices wired to the Living Room unit [Cat6 to switch], switch to (TV, AVR, DishHopper, and AppleTV).

On both the App and the tp-link web login,  all of these wired devices show as being connected to the Orange Room instead of the correct Living Room unit.

I have restarted each unit individually.  Cleared cache and cookies on my laptop, all to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X55 - Wired devices showing on wrong satellite unit after setting different unit to MAIN
2023-03-20 09:59:40

@BatTech 

Hi, welcome to the community.

could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

After that, could you please swap the location of Orange Room Deco and Living Room to see whether these 4 devices always follow the old main unit orange Deco?

(Since they are both satellite Deco units now, they could be plug and play on different location without messing the main Deco.)

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X55 - Wired devices showing on wrong satellite unit after setting different unit to MAIN
2023-03-23 19:37:26

@David-TP 

Sorry for the delayed response.  Before I saw your suggestion, I tried something on my own and it appears to have solved the problem.

I did some rewiring so I now have ATTModem ->cat6 to Bedroom (main unit) Port1:  Port 2 from Bedroom -> cat6 to Living room port1: Port 3 from Bedroom -> cat6 to Orange room port 1.

I basically went from daisy chain to star wiring.  Everything is in the right place now.

Thanks for your suggestion, even If I didn't get to try it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 274

Replies: 2

Tags

Device Listing
Related Articles