Wireless devices showing up as wired on Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 09:41:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20220823 Rel. 41353

I have only M4R 's in my entire network set to router mode. I have an unmanaged TP-link switch connecting the main router with the Hallway and Bedroom access nodes. The Hallway is further connected to another unmanaged TP-link switch in the living room that connects my TV and other clients.

I had later placed another M4R unit in the living room for faster WiFi access, as an afterthought, which was connected to the switch.

bd5f81f6c3d644a5ac227030bb88c15c

In the Deco app each Access Node shows as a separate unit connected directly to the main unit. However when connecting wireless clients like my phone or laptop to the living room unit, they show up as wired clients on the Hallway unit.

Of course I'm sure if I backhaul the living room unit directly to the switch connected to the main unit, it would clear this issue, but if it is showing up as individual units on the app, why should this occur?

8ee7785307184b27a196e46e40bfe5cc

Is there anything I can do apart from having to rewire my house?

My app as well as my units are updated to the latest version.

Is it possible to request TP-link to fix this bug or issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless devices showing up as wired on Deco app
2023-01-03 07:32:38

@BloodyMartini 

Hi, May I know your current Deco APP version as well?

Here is a beta firmware for Deco M4 that might be helpful with your current issue, and if you are interested, please refer to the private message to install the beta firmware.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options