2-factor authentication and touch ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 03:20:42 - last edited 2023-03-31 00:55:57
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After purchasing (still unboxed)I the Deco X20 I read the following in the Tom's Guide 8/6/21 review of the X20: "the mesh system lacks the ability to use two-factor authentication or an iPad’s or iPhone’s Touch ID." I'm not sure I understand this. Will the functionality of the Deco X20 limit me using the touch ID on my MacAir? Will I be unable to use 2-factor authentication on my accounts?--or is it just referring to 2-factor authenticaiton of the router? I have a kindergarten knowledge of this stuff....I appreciate a simple explanation.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2-factor authentication and touch ID-Solution
2023-03-27 18:29:58 - last edited 2023-03-31 00:55:57

@Susanonymous,

The review simply mentioned the lack of two-factor login to the Deco app through your TP-Link ID. All of your regular services, login methods, or 2FA systems will work fine.

The mention of lack of Touch ID is in regards to the fact that we do not currently provide an option to quickly log into the app with your fingerprint. This will not affect any of the services or apps that you use and log in with your fingerprint.

[EDIT: This Feature has been added for testing in the most recent beta version fo the Deco Application]

Our team did pass the feedback on to our team that users would like to see a 2FA login option for their TP-Link ID, so we may see something soon.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:2-factor authentication and touch ID-Solution
2023-03-27 18:29:58 - last edited 2023-03-31 00:55:57

@Susanonymous,

The review simply mentioned the lack of two-factor login to the Deco app through your TP-Link ID. All of your regular services, login methods, or 2FA systems will work fine.

The mention of lack of Touch ID is in regards to the fact that we do not currently provide an option to quickly log into the app with your fingerprint. This will not affect any of the services or apps that you use and log in with your fingerprint.

[EDIT: This Feature has been added for testing in the most recent beta version fo the Deco Application]

Our team did pass the feedback on to our team that users would like to see a 2FA login option for their TP-Link ID, so we may see something soon.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 1

Related Articles