Deco app adding networks I don't want.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 01:38:55 - last edited 2023-03-26 01:40:10
Tags: #App
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20230130 Rel. 68435

So, my deco app is littered with other TP-link networks I do not own. From what I can see it says I'm the owner of these networks. My only idea on how I acquired them all is when I forget to turn my wifi off when leaving my home.

Essentially what I want to know, is there anyway to stop the app from automatically adding networks? 

Also, if I delete the unwanted networks, will it reset those devices, even from a remote location?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco app adding networks I don't want.
2023-03-27 17:40:32

@Nlundgren,

The app should not be automatically add networks, the networks must be manually added to the application while you are using it.

Two things I would do:

- Change Your TP-Link ID Password. When networks are added to your TP-Link ID, they will appear on any device logged into your TP-Link ID.

- More likely, however, Is it possible that you accidentally configured each of your Deco Nodes as a new network rather than adding nodes to your main network?

Resetting the Deco does not currently reset the devices. Instead, it operates more as a clearing of the Deco's cache and will prevent the device from being managed until it is connected to another TP-Link ID. This is still recommended, as it will remove the devices from both your app and account.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Tags

App