Blocking Unknown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Blocking Unknown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Blocking Unknown
Blocking Unknown
2023-05-03 21:40:35 - last edited 2023-05-05 08:56:23

I have a TP Link AC1900 Router.  I have noticed recently when viewing my Open DNS Log that there is an entry "tplink.Repeater".  I a not certain what I an looking at when I see this but I do not use my router as a repeater, although it has the capability to be used as a repeater, as well a repeater can be added.  I have personal concerns about this and I want to block a repeater being attached to my home network, or block my router from becoming an extender or repeater.  Is there a way to block this from happening if you are not aware what device is being added to change my router's function.  

Thanks, 

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocking Unknown
2023-05-05 08:56:11

@chris0859 

What's the exact model number of the AC1900 router? Is it Archer C1900 or Archer A9? You can verify that by checking the router's bottom sticker.

Once the model is verified, you may login to the router web GUI to find Access Control settings as described in the following article to enable the Whitelist or Blacklist, which will allow you to connect or block a specific device to connect to your network:

How to configure Access Control on the Wi-Fi Routers

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1

Related Articles