Deco X20 setup help requested please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-26 13:19:49
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I just purchased a home in Middle Tennessee.  I need help setting up my Deco X20.  I currently have one in my bonus room above the garage where we stream movies.  I have another one right beside the modem in my main floor bedroom (oppose side of house than bonus room). and then the final one in the basement where we will hopefully soon finish to make in to a game room (card table, pool table and ping pong table). The basement one is almost directly below the main bedroom.  The house (including unfinished basement is 4000 sq feet) so this system states that it will cover 5800 sq ft.   The bonus room buffers when watching movies quite often.  Our internet is setup for up to 500 Mbps.

Should I place these Deco X20 routers elsewhere, or buy another one?   Help, I am a tech dummy.  I barely know what is a modem and a router.  Thank you for any help you can provide.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 setup help requested please
2023-05-26 13:38:32
1. How many of these devices are stationary (such as TV, desktop) and how many are mobile (such as smartphones)? One TV is in bonus room (2nd floor on outside of house from main deco/modem). Then there are 2 laptops and 2 phones unless we have company. The one is basement is currently 2 cellphones and sometime will be a streaming tv. (this is located directly below the modem and main Deco) 2. What is your Main Deco connected to: modem or modem/router? The main deco is wired directly to the modem located on main floor in primary bedroom. 3. Do you use Deco Guest Network for anything or is it off? I do not know anything about this. Sorry. Again, I am a tech dummy. 4. What are Deco models you have and their versions? I have Deco X20 (3 unit).
Options
Re:Deco X20 setup help requested please
2023-05-29 10:26:47

@MommaT 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would the satellite Deco X20s be wirelessly connected to the main Deco X20?

If they are connected over a Wi-Fi Backhaul, here are some suggestions for the location:

1. check the signal source on the Deco APP to make sure the signal strength is at least 2 bars.

(So if somehow the game room or bonud room is a little bit far away from other Deco units, you might need to consider placing somewhere in the middle of the main bedroom and other rooms.) 

f38474d568e245d58175ac73af7830d3

2. Try to avoid a closed cupboard and put it in an open space, 1-1.5m above the floor.

More suggestions about How can I find a suitable spot for my Deco?

3. If the house has been properly arranged via Ethernet cables, Connecting the satellite Deco nodes will highly improve the speed and stability.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 2