New KD110 Thoughts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New KD110 Thoughts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New KD110 Thoughts
New KD110 Thoughts
2023-06-03 13:16:11
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 2.3.15

Fantastic product!

Very happy with the camera so far for the last three weeks or so that I have owned it.

I've found a few bugs though. Nothing major, but thought I'd share just in case someone experiences similar issues.

Here we go in no particular order.

• The area mask is not super accurate. I've had to trim it down since it would detect people or movement outside the selected range. Close, but not there yet. Made it work with some tweaks. 
  • iOS & iPadOS different behavior. Viewing or adjusting camera settings is non-existent on iPad, and behavior is slightly different. When viewing live feed on iPad, it's impossible to get out of it. No back buttons or any way to go back to settings. Only way is to quit the app and relaunch.
  • When viewing recordings on any device, it does not default to last seen, so if you have a lot of them, you have to scroll endlessly to get to the top one. Also, it does not follow iOS behavior UX guidelines, so tapping the top of the app does not take you there like it would on any other iOS/iPadOS app. 
  • Sharing footage does not work. It does share a link, but the link is broken (404 page not found). This needs to be fixed first and foremost. Otherwise the Kasa subscription is a waste of money.

Small issues that don't detract from the overall experience of the product, but should be addressed in future software updates.

Cheers,

Sorcerer

Options
5 Reply
Re:New KD110 Thoughts
2023-06-06 09:03:18

@Sorcerer 

Hi,
About the problem or feedback you report:
1. The Activity Zone configured on the Kasa app only apply to the motion detection feature, the person detection feature works for the full screen, so you may see person detected notification when people move outside the selected activity zones.

2. May I have a picture of the camera settings that are non-existed on the iPad?

3. Thank you for your feedback, and I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.

4. Are the video clips you shared out of the storage period of the Kasa Care subscription plan? If so, you may see a 404 error when clicking on the URL for shared video clips.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-06 12:07:16

@Solla-topee 

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the response. 

1. Well, that makes the activity zone pretty useless then. Whole point of zones in surveillance cameras it is to disable non-important areas and only focus on the ones that are to reduce alert fatigue, so this needs to be fixed. 

2. Regarding picture of the settings on the iPad, well, there isn't one. selecting camera from the list, brings up a live feed, whereas on iPhone, it brings up the feed with the settings gear on top right corner. This is missing on the iPad altogether.

4.  Video clips don't work period. All videos I tried were just a few hours old.

Regards,

Sorcerer

Options
2023-06-07 07:15:10

@Sorcerer 

Hi,
Thank you for these updates.
1. I'll log this feature request and pass it along to the related team to evaluate.

2. Whether your iPad rotates to landscape mode? If so, please make sure that Rotation Lock on iPad is off, and then please rotate iPad to the vertical position, then the live view page will be the same as displayed on the iPhone.

4. In this case, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1) Please find a video clip that played well when watching it on the Kasa app>Activity page, then send me the time, date, and time zone when the video was created.
2) Try to share the video clip and open the link on your phone and your computer, and if the same error appears, please send me a picture of the error page. 
You can connect to your home network and use mobile data on your phone to see if any differences.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-07 15:28:46 - last edited 2023-06-07 15:29:24

2. - Correct. This happens only in landscape mode, which is how I use the iPad paired with a keyboard. Most if not all, people I know use their iPads this way.

4. - New finding. So video links work when shared via email, but it's through iMessage when they break.

Sharing directly from the Kasa app to iMessage returns a 404 when trying to open the link, but sharing directly to email, works fine (and if I copy and paste the link from the email into iMessage, that works as well).

Here's what you get when sharing from the app to iMessage:

513ce7f80ec4406aad898d3968347274  @Solla-topee 

Thanks!

Options
2023-06-08 09:27:46

@Sorcerer 

Hi,
We did a test with iPhones to share the camera video link through iMessage, and there is no problem watching the video when trying to open the link directly.
Have you tried to share several videos, and all of them have the same phenomenon?
What's the model number and OS version of your iPhones?
Can you record a video about your problem and share it with us via private message? You can send me a link to download or watch the video.

Best Regards

Options