X25, whole network dies for a minute when one specific laptop connects. [SOLVED from factory reset]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X25, whole network dies for a minute when one specific laptop connects. [SOLVED from factory reset]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-26 03:02:25 - last edited 2023-06-27 12:45:18
Model: Deco X25  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20221115 Rel. 78784

I have three Deco X25 devices set up. One is the main interface to the internet. Behind it is an 8 port switch, but I'm only using like 3 or 4 wired connections on it. One of those is my laptop.

I can use wifi fine it seems, but when I'm connected via ethernet to that switch, waking the computer from sleep, even just disconnecting from a VPN, or just randomly while this laptop is awake the whole network will die. Everything gets knocked offline, all smart devices on wifi, all wired and wireless devices on all the decos. Even my phone switches back to 4G and when trying to use the Deco app it gives some error about not being able to find the deco devices.

I have tried removing all settings I can specific to my laptop (no reserved IP address, no port forwards) and it still happens. I am probably going to try a factory reset, but need to note any settings I have otherwise changed.

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight here. Even connections between devices on my LAN are dropped.

This has only started happening within the last month or two, and I have even switched the main deco device to no avail.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Options
2 Reply
Re:X25, whole network dies for a minute when one specific laptop connects.
2023-06-27 06:48:04

@maccam912 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would the main Deco X25 turn to solid red during the disconnection?

May I know the model number of the 8 ports switch?

How are the satellite Deco X25 connected to the main Deco, wirelessly or via switch as well?

If possible, could you please help me run the following test:

• Temporarily connect the switch and the wired clients to the satellite Deco X25, like:

ISP---main Deco X25)))--Wi-Fi--(((satellite Deco X25---Switch

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X25, whole network dies for a minute when one specific laptop connects.
2023-06-27 12:44:21
Thanks for getting back to me. It was some setting somewhere. I went through with the factory reset which has done the trick now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2

Related Articles