Can I assign specific device to only connect via 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 01:11:04
Tags: #sonos
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 51225

I have a Sonos system with 2 devices and one has been dropping off my network more often than I'd like so I reached out to Sonos for resolution. Via their diagnostics tool they saw that the one speaker that is consistently on is on the 2.4 GHz band, and that also the band had a higher quality signal. They could also see that my poorly performing device was on the 5 GHz band and that they recommend that I move it to the 2.4 GHz.

I wasn't able to see anywhere in the Deco app where I could assign a device to a band - is this possible? If not, is there a drawback to reducing my whole network to only the 2.4 GHz band or is having the whole range available actually just better for a pretty high traffic home network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I assign specific device to only connect via 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
2023-08-04 09:43:52

@jp12321pj 

Hi, Normally 5GHz is able to provide a better speed than 2.4GHz.

You could leave the main network on 2.4GHz only, and enable the Guest network for 5Ghz.

We also shared a story about how to make a better connection between Deco and Sonos. It is suggested to refer to the following link for more details:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/271216

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 1

Tags

sonos
Related Articles