Assign a device to a specific deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-29 12:02:49
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220804 Rel. 44443

Hello--

I recently updated my S4 mesh to the XE75. The Main XE75 is in the basement where the fiber comes into the house. A second XE75, in a central location upstairs, is a wired backhaul. I added back in one of the S4 units in hopes of being able to dedicate it to the TV in the living room, which keeps buffering.

Is there a way to designate a specific deco to a specific device (because even smart TVs don't roam the house)? 

As an aside, the buffering may be limited only to one app. If anyone has any advice on how to test for that I'd be thankful. 

Thanks--d

Options
2 Reply
Re:Assign a device to a specific deco?
2022-11-01 19:03:42

@Dunazee,

I believe that the engineering team has been developing and rolling out this feature to select decos slowly. As you have a XE75 which is running firmware 1.6 you should be able to navigate into the client and select the signal source for the device. NOTE: ALL DECOS must be running firmware version 1.6 for the feature to be available. You may have to remove the S4 from the network, for the option to appear.

Another option would be to simply plug your TV into your Deco S4 node, as that would guarantee that the signal is coming from that node. This may also help with your buffering issue.

Also, What type of TV/OS are you using for the app that is buffering?

Options
Re:Assign a device to a specific deco?
2022-11-02 11:44:59

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the tips!! I will check for firmware updates on all units. After the update,f the S4 still doesn't show up, I'll plug it in. 

The primary TV (in the living room) is a Phillips dumb TV connected to a Roku Ultra box. The misbehaving app is Spectrum TV. (Note, I've also considered hard wiring the Roku on this TV as it does have an ethernet port. I do have a switch just for this type of use.)

The Spectrum app buffers on all the TVs in the house, off and on. I would suspect some of it has to do with the app itself, but I want to give the TVs all the networking juice they can handle. They are all using Roku external devices of one sort or another, none of them are native Roku TVs. A couple of them are Fire TVs, but we prefer dumb TVs so we can update if we want without replacing the whole TV. 

Thanks--I appreciate any advice. Networking newbie here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 2

Related Articles