Auto assign new devices to a specific profile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-24 10:43:14 - last edited 2022-06-28 11:32:23

I need a way to auto assign new devices to a specific profile. The problem is that windows has a feature that allows changing the MAC address to mask usage. This allows my child to bypass the parental control features of the router because new devices have full access until I can assign them to a profile.

What I would like to see is an option to set a default profile that will be auto assigned to any new devices that connect to the router. This should be an optional feature. This way I can set this default profile to have restricted access. I can reassign new devices to other profiles with full access as needed.

Kids are smart these days. This MAC address feature lets any kid bypass parental controls on the router because they are MAC address specific.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Auto assign new devices to a specific profile
2022-08-04 11:57:43

@Justanotherjo Plus 1.  This would be a great feature.  Not just for kids, but I can set up two guest profiles, one with limited access, the other different and as guests join in limited access mode, I can reassign them to a different profile as appropriate.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 405

Replies: 1