Deco M5 Whitelisting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Whitelisting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Whitelisting
Deco M5 Whitelisting
2023-08-27 13:25:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.1

I purchased 3x Deco M5 units last year and they have been amazing with managing the home network. However, I'm currently studying and it's blocking access to the student server which I need access to and would like to be able to whitelist the URL. 

Has whitelisting been scheduled for a future release? I can see this has been a request from many users for more than 5 years now, and it's quite a basic feature for any network.

I feel this could potentially impact URL access to other educational sites when my children start high school and will need to start considering getting a different mesh system if this feature is not something on the road map for a future release. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Whitelisting
2023-08-28 02:37:40

@Ehoang07 

Hi, welcome to the community.

On the Network Menu>Protecting your network>Malicious Content Filter, there is an Allow List in which you can manually add several websites.

You could try to add the blocked URLs here to see whether you could access them later.

f159f52f85984111b0dadc2d4b3e47d5

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 Whitelisting
2023-08-28 03:24:25

@David-TP this doesn't look to be a feature in the menu, but can see block list instead. Even when manually searching for 'Malicious' nothing is returned.

Menu

Search

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 2

Related Articles