Web Detection blocking Amazon related site - Amazon apps intermittently work on iPhone/iPad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Web Detection blocking Amazon related site - Amazon apps intermittently work on iPhone/iPad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-29 02:45:54
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230613 Rel. 53594

For the past several months, I have experienced intermittent issues with Amazon App loading in iPhones and iPads. Using the Deco App, I enabled Web Protection from the security menu and noticed that it has blocked a site that is associated with an Amazon service over 200 times last week across all the iPhones and iPads connected. The site it d3ag4hukkh62yn_cloudfront_net ( . replaced with _ ).

I believe this has been the issue with the Amazon app loading, supported with a Google search. However, can not tell if it really is a threat or how to resolve it.

Thank you for your input!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Web Detection blocking Amazon related site - Amazon apps intermittently work on iPhone/iPad
2023-08-30 08:28:17

@BrISTJ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I have seen similar feedback before:https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/614060

But I was sorry that I missed Mickey's reply for the first time so I would like to follow up on your case via email this time.

Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Web Detection blocking Amazon related site - Amazon apps intermittently work on iPhone/iPad
2023-08-30 13:06:48
Hi David-TP Thank you for the follow up and i replied to the email. I looked at the other post and for some more information, i have Parental controls turned on and one kids profile with two devices. The Web protection report shows the link blocked for these devices and other devices without a parental control profile. Thank you, All the best
Options
2023-08-31 01:57:12

@David-TP I'm seeing the same thing on the new Archer BE800, Deco XE200, and Archer AXE300. Any ideas, since this affects multiple different models?

Options
2023-08-31 07:19:23

@Richardj186 

Thanks for pointing it out and so far, the engineers are working on it and once the solution is ready, I will update the post as soon as possible.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2023-08-31 11:45:01
Thank you
Options
2023-08-31 14:30:34

@Richardj186 I've have the same issue and have had to resort to turning off the wifi on my phone (and using cellular data) in order for the Amazon app on iOS to load. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 402

Replies: 6

Related Articles