Data corruption when transferring files from NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 03:29:06
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20230927 Rel. 38826

I'm currently having issues with data corruption when transferring files from my QNAP NAS over the wifi network to my PC.

The files I'm transferring typically are rar files and after the transfer is complete I try to extract the archive and I get a corrupt volume error.

I've only ever had success being hardwired directly to my NAS completely bypassing the TP link router however when I hard wire my NAS and my PC to the router I seem to have some better success however I'm still concerned why I'm getting data corruption over wifi.  My brother has the exact same NAS and Deco system and he seems to get corruption over both wifi and hardwired regardless.

Originally I was thinking it was my NAS however I'm more leaning towards the issue being the Deco routers.

I'd appreciate some insite on this.  

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Data corruption when transferring files from NAS
2023-12-30 19:25:47

@dscharrer Hi,  i have noticed exactly the same.. 

transfering files from my NAS to my PC (wired to a DECO BE85) works perfectly.. but if I try to copy large files (zipped or database backups .. .bak) the files get corrupt.

- 7z can no longer decompress the archives

- sql server cannot attached those copied .bak files.

I have this error since I have replaced my microTik point-to-point Wireless Wire with a DECO85 mesh.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

daemont

Options