Deco M5 Dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Dropouts
Deco M5 Dropouts
2023-11-19 01:44:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 59213

I have 3 Deco M5's and they were working perfect before this last Firmware update. Now I get a dropout that disconnects every unit for 15 seconds and then it's fine for another 40mins. Whatever was added in this last update has ruined my connection stability as it was rock solid before this. I haven't changed one setting on my end or moved the units at all. That's how I know that it is indeed the update since it started happening that night updated the Firmware.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Dropouts
2023-11-20 06:39:14

@NiteRider84 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Have you noticed any Deco turned red during the disconnection?

Could you please refer to this link to check which one is quite like your current issue?

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

May I know who is your internet service provider? Have you tried to restart the ISP cable modem to see whether it helped?

It is also suggested to set a new Deco as the main Deco:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 Dropouts
2023-11-29 23:57:29 - last edited 2023-11-29 23:58:45

@David-TP 

I rebooted our Spectrum modem and everything is kind of the same, still getting periodic drop outs. I turned off Beam Forming as that was the only feature that was on. I'm using it as an access point behind our main Spectrum Router so it's on it's own network with just my devices which is total of 5 devices. The most online at one time are two so no bandwidth issues my Inet is 200mbps/10mbps up. I will try the rest of these methods but again, these routers M5's worked solid before this last firmware update. Is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware?

And no the lights never go red when it drops out as it's very quick, things will reconnect within 15 to 30 secs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 2

Related Articles