MyQ garage connection issue

2024-01-15 22:07:35 - last edited 2024-01-16 15:20:16

I recently replaced my network setup with a Deco 75Pro. I am unalbe to get my Chamberlain MyQ grage door openers to connect. Any of you guys had this issue and was able to resolve? I have setup IoT to use only 2.4ghz using WPA2 (both supposedly required by MyQ). It is as if garage door openers do not even see the IoT network. I also tried Guest since it only uses 2.4 also. Same result.

Jody

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MyQ garage connection issue-Solution
2024-01-16 15:18:05 - last edited 2024-01-16 15:20:49

@David-TP 

I was able to resolve the issue by following something I found on the web (after much digging). My issue was that MyQ did not even see my WiFi connections.

I followed these steps to select the wifi from the admin page for the opener.

1. Open MyQ app on mobile device

2. Follow steps to clear network settings.

3. When the button is solid blue, go to WiFi settings on your phone to find gateway IP address of the opener. It is imperative that your mobile device is connected to the wifi name with MyQXXX listed.

4. Enter the IP address from step 3 into a browser on your mobile device that is connected to garage door opener

5. This will take you directly to a page where you can select the wifi you wish to use to connect.

I wish articles like this were easier to find on MyQ support pages.

PS. There is also a web address that will do the same without having to lookup the gateway of the opener. This forum will not allow me to include the link so I will break it up : 

"setup myqdevice com". Just place periods in the place of the spaces.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:MyQ garage connection issue
2024-01-16 09:24:56

@Jody6025 

Hi, How about the 2.4Ghz-only Guest network? the garage door openers don't detect either?

If the guest network was set without security, would the garage door openers be able to detect and connect the 2.4GHz Guest?

Please also turn off "fast roaming" and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:MyQ garage connection issue-Solution
2024-01-16 15:18:05 - last edited 2024-01-16 15:20:49

@David-TP 

I was able to resolve the issue by following something I found on the web (after much digging). My issue was that MyQ did not even see my WiFi connections.

I followed these steps to select the wifi from the admin page for the opener.

1. Open MyQ app on mobile device

2. Follow steps to clear network settings.

3. When the button is solid blue, go to WiFi settings on your phone to find gateway IP address of the opener. It is imperative that your mobile device is connected to the wifi name with MyQXXX listed.

4. Enter the IP address from step 3 into a browser on your mobile device that is connected to garage door opener

5. This will take you directly to a page where you can select the wifi you wish to use to connect.

I wish articles like this were easier to find on MyQ support pages.

PS. There is also a web address that will do the same without having to lookup the gateway of the opener. This forum will not allow me to include the link so I will break it up : 

"setup myqdevice com". Just place periods in the place of the spaces.

Recommended Solution
Options