Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings

Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings

32 Reply
Re:Mixing XE75 Pro and XE75/BE63, missing OFDMA/MU-MIMO settings
a week ago

@David-TP 

This doesn't explain why my XE75 and XE75 Pros don't show this option for me in the settings. Both running the latest firmware too. You mentioned the models and firmware that should show it in the app and I have those.

I know I saw it at one point and then it just disappeared around the same time the firmware on the XE75 was updated.

Options
a week ago

@cadz 

Hi, When I checked your TP-Link ID in the database, I notice there are Deco XE75_V1 and Deco XE75 Pro_V2 under your account.

I haven't seen any firmware release notes of Deco XE75 Pro_V2 mentioned "adding OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off switch" so I think it doesn't support turning on/off OFDMA/MU-MIMO yet.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP 

Please check again.... both X50 and XE75 v1 support OFDMA. It's in your product page for heaven sake...

Besides that, I've seen it on the equipments settings page, before connecting them together!

Instead of spending your energy on investigating for reasons to show we are wrong (or dumb!). Please spend that energy on actually solving the problem 🤬

Thank you!

Options

@Costa1976 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I think you might miss my point, or I didn't explain it clearly.

The "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" on the Deco APP doesn't mean the Deco model supports OFDMA/MU-MIMO or not.

You are right that both X50 and XE75 v1 support OFDMA. On the Deco X50, it is enabled by default and can't be disabled, while on the Deco XE75_V1, users could decide whether or not to keep it enabled.

So the discussion in the post is not a problem and it is behaved as expected.

However, it brings another issue or more precisely a feature request. It would be very useful if users could manually turn on/off OFDMA/MU-MIMO on the supported models.

This suggestion has been forwarded to the engineers for review, but as of now, there is no update on its potential inclusion in the future roadmap.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

First, there's an option to disable OFDMA on both X50 and XE75. My understanding from what you're saying is that there are options on the front end which are fake...  that's serious stuff!!

Second, and coming back to the topic: if you read carefully my first post you will see that I have an X50 and XE75, but I can't switch on or off OFDMA because that option is not even there... same applies to most of the users who are complaining. 

Therefore, I reiterate that energy must be spent on solving the problem and not talking in circles, throwing sand into our eyes. 

I bought this setup in the assumption that OFDMA is supported, as TP Link has written in the product page. The money is gone, but the full specification is not there. 

Thank you!

Options

"So the discussion in the post is not a problem and it is behaved as expected."

@David-TP I am the OP, and I don't have an X50 device like the other poster. Please don't dismiss my original post please.

I have owned XE75 Pro, XE75, and BE63 devices. All of these devices support OFDMA and MU-MIMO, and all of them support toggling these settings. If I have a network consisting of 'only' 1 of these device types I can see the OFDMA and MU-MIMO toggles; however, if I mix any of these devices in my network the options dissapear.

Does that make sense? The purpose of this thread is to report the issue that if you mix Deco devices, each of which supporting OFDMA and MU-MIMO, the options will not show.

Please have your engineers test this. All they need to do is create a network consisting of both XE75 Pro and XE75 devices. I guarantee they will see the OFDMA and MU-MIMO options dissapear after they add an XE75 to a network of XE75 Pro devices.

Options

@bwyazel 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The senior engineers are using  Deco XE75_V2 and V1 for test now so I don't break the topology. There happens to be separate mesh networks with Deco XE75_V2_1.2.5 with 2 packs, Deco XE75 Pro_V2_1.2.9 with 2 packs

Both Deco XE75_V2_1.2.5 and Deco XE75 Pro_V2_1.2.9  support the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO" feature but haven't added "OFDMA/MU-MIMO On/Off" toggle.

There isn't any Deco BE63 online but there is one Deco BE85. And I didn't see it have an "OFDMA/MU-MIMO On/Off" toggle either.

When I checked your TP-Link email, there are 

Deco BE63-V1
Deco XE75 Pro-V1-1.2.5
Deco XE75-V2-1.2.5

So I think, When they are mixed together, the Mesh system still supports the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO" feature but Deco APP will no longer have "OFDMA/MU-MIMO On/Off" toggle.

So could you please help me double-check that "All of these devices support OFDMA and MU-MIMO, and all of them support toggling these settings"?

ea03c3d97ce0429e891fb45c6fa3da4e

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

@Costa1976 

Hi, I must apologize.

Not sure why I thought your Deco X50 is V1, apparently I checked again and it is Deco X50_V1.2.

So under your Mesh system, 

Deco XE75-V1-1.3.2*3

Deco X50-V1.2-1.2.0

Deco APP is supposed to have "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle.

If you don't mind, It would be highly appreciated if you could help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

(Please try to tick "add system log".)

But I still want to say that missing the "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle on the Deco APP doesn't mean Deco no longer supports OFDMA/MU-MIMO. They still do.

Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V1 has advertised the support of OFDMA/MU-MIMO since the release of the products. The option of  "OFDMA/MU-MIMO on/off" toggle on the Deco APP is not added till the 1.2.0 firmware version is released, and so does Deco X50_V1.2.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

My current network consists of a BE63 (v1) head node, and two XE75 Pro (v1.6) satellite nodes. I have one satellite node connected via Ethernet backhaul and one connected via 6GHz backhaul. With this configuration I cannot see the OFDMA/MU-MIMO toggles.

Originally, my network consisted of an XE75 Pro (v1.6) head node and one XE75 Pro (v1.6) satellite node connected via Ethernet backhaul. In this configuration I can see the OFDMA/MU-MIMO toggles.

However, after adding an XE75 (v2) to the affirmentioned network via 6GHz backhaul, I cannot see the OFDMA/MU-MIMO toggles. For this reason I returned the XE75 (v2) and purchased my current BE63 (v1) to become my new head node.

Options

@David-TP 

Done! Log submitted as requested.
Happy that finally we are understand each other 🙂

Looking forward for feedback. 

Thank you

Options
Related Articles