Deco X55 Mesh - MyQ Garage door opener

2024-03-10 23:59:21
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I just bought a Deco x55 Mesh system in anticipation of my fiber install in a few weeks. Currently have it set up with my spectrum internet that I've used for years. Went to connect my MyQ Garage door opener. 

Tried connecting numerous times, at least 15 times. Tried a reset of the GDO 3 separate times. 

Ultimately I can connect to the myQ door opener, connect to the WiFi network, then when it goes into the "connecting" screen in the myQ app it just spins then won't let me connect and says to try again. Which I've done numerous times. 3 hours, 70% of my phone batteries, and many curse words later nothing. 

I tried on the default network that is 2.4ghz & 5ghz. Then I created a separate IoT network, still no avail. 

Any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X55 Mesh - MyQ Garage door opener
2024-03-11 02:54:37

@CaseyS 

Have you tried a 2.4GHz IOT network without security, then please also turn off "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-11 13:10:45

@David-TP good morning, 

So I did that this morning, it did connect. However, now that leaves that network open without security. And although I don't see it from my iPhone, it is discoverable by PC. 

If I turn security on now, will it disconnect that device from the network or leave it in the network?

Options
2024-03-13 03:08:34

@CaseyS 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

You can start with setting a simple password to the IOT network. After that you could need to connect the myQ opener again.

By the way, I see myQ support mentioned here(Recommended Router Settings for the myQ Wi-Fi Products) that the garage openers don't like a mixed security mode. Please also set the security mode to WPA2 only for the IOT network.

Or since IOT network doesn't support WPA3, you could also test whether it could connect to the main 2.4/5 GHz WiFi when the security mode is set to WPA3 only.

Please still keep "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" disabled.

If it didn't work this time, at least we know what might be the problem.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-23 20:32:33
One thing I have noticed with most of my IOT devices is that the phone itself must be on the IOT network for initial setup of the device. Once setup is completed, the phone can connect to the main network and then everything works properly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 4

Related Articles