Ethernet connection is not available when I turn on computer

2024-05-06 01:55:28
Tags: #Wired connections
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

When I turn on the computers wired to the router, the Windows 10 system tells me that the internet is not available.

However, the wireless internet connection still functions.

So far the only solution I have found is to reboot the router.

I updated the firmware today but I do not know if the condition still exists.

I would appreciate any insight you can provide to correct this problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet connection is not available when I turn on computer
2024-05-06 17:37:32

Hey @bobvader,

Have you tried another ethernet cable to see if there is a fault in the cable?

When Windows reports that the internet is not available, does it say that you are connected to a network and there is no internet, or that you are not connected to the network at all?

First, start by resetting your network adapter settings from your control panel. Consider following the steps under Narrow Troubleshooting on your device from this Windows FAQ: Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

After resetting all of your network settings, does the behavior still exist between reboots?

I would also check your network settings for your wired connection to make sure that you had not previously set a Static IP for your PC, whether it be for the wired or wireless connections.

As a quick fix, I would recommend using two commands in your command prompt to reset your connection. use "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" to refresh the settings between your PC and router.

Otherwise, we may need to look at fine-tuning some of the settings or checking your hardware for updates.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 1

Tags

Wired connections
Related Articles