XE70 Pro and XE75 Pro in same mesh? Or XE70 Pro only?

2024-08-15 03:57:17
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

By coincidence I have three XE70 Pro, and two XE75 Pro on the way.
My intent is to set up a 3-node mesh over three floors.

Is there a distinct advantage in going with 2x XE75 Pro + 1x XE70 Pro, or should I go with 3x XE70 Pro?

Performance-wise the difference seems marginal.

What about firmware, function?

I do care about Matter support as I have Tapo and Kasa Matter-compatible devices.

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE70 Pro and XE75 Pro in same mesh? Or XE70 Pro only?
2024-08-15 16:18:41

@larsvi,

The two are very similar and will provide a similar experience - with the XE70 pro being the 'successor' to the XE75 pro. You shouldn't have any problem using these in combination, the only advantage that could potentially exist is that with one model, your entire network would upgrade to a firmware at one time - so if there was a feature introduced in the future (none that I have seen) that requires your entire network to be up to date, it would theoretically happen more quickly.

Overall, you have nothing to worry about. If needed you may consider event using your extra node to provide wired connections to a corner of your home where the signal is weaker, or close to your backyard to try and forward a stronger signal there.

As for Matter, I am not sure that these have compatabilty as that comes with a 1.3.0 firmware update. But I should mention that this is only for controlling your devices from the Deco App, you can always use Matter with another controller such as a Google Home, Alexa, or Apple TV or just the Tapo/Kasa Apps. Plus, your decos can still handle and forward the Matter Protocols traffic correctly.

Options