Having problems with the Deco App? Read this

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20240724

Update 08-29-2024

I have updated the instructions below on how to send a more comprehensive log file to support:

Since August 4, 2024, I have been in communication with support via email to address various issues I have encountered with the Deco app.

If you are experiencing similar issues and would like to assist in resolving them, please follow these steps:

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.
2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions.
3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.
4. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated response with a TKID number.
5. Upon receiving this email, please access the Deco web UI by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > System Log, select "ALL" in the log type, and save the file to your local computer. Then, reply to the email you just received, attach the log file, and kindly request that your ticket be escalated to a senior engineer for further assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation as we work towards improving the app.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
14 Reply
Re:Having problems with the Deco App? Read this
3 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp

Bump  

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
3 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp I don't have an issue with the app itself, but as you have exactly the same router and firmware as me, I wondered if you are experiencing other problems; since installing 1.2.11 firmware on 4th August, all of my IoT devices have been randomly dropping offline and need power cycling to reset. I had bo issued with 1.2.9, but 1.2.10 and 1.2.11 were released within a week of one another, so I think that tp-link knew there was an issue with 10 and quickly released 11... either way, 1.2.11 is broken. I am away at the moment, but when I get home I shall restore 2.1.9.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@gauge_boson 

I have not encountered any issues with IoT devices going offline that required a power cycle. 

It's important to note that the device list may indicate that devices are offline, when in fact they are online and controllable via voice commands or the manufacturer's app. 

I am currently collaborating with support and senior engineers to address various issues with the Deco app. 

If you have not already opened a ticket, I recommend doing so. If support is unable to resolve your issues, please request that they escalate your ticket to senior engineers for further assistance.

Options
3 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

Hi. Yes, I understand that, but sometimes the firmware [and you were very specific about which firmware] can cause a lot of issues; I downgraded from 11 to 10 and still got issues; I am back to 09 and all stable. I have no issues with the app, but updating to the new (July and Augist firmware) and the system is completely unstable... I could have blamed the app for the devices appearing offline, but they actually were and locked to the point that their switch controls were locked, and it was all down to the faulty Deco firmware upgrades.

Options
3 weeks ago

@gauge_boson 

make sure you open a ticket on this. I never went back and tried older version of the firmware this will help them find the issues :) 

Options
3 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

Hi, Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Usually, if there is something wrong with the Deco APP, we would prefer users send the Deco APP logs, instead of the web UI system log.

How to submit Deco APP log

I think if you want to share the troubleshooting guides with more users, You could consider adding this post to your signature:

b5eeb4a3de7a42c281400dababe2fe8c

Thanks and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@gauge_boson hey I don't mean to hijack this but I'm having a problem very much like what you described. Is the older firmware still working well for you? If so, where did you find the file to restore?

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

What deco model and hardware versions do you have? You can find both on the bottom of your deco unit

Options
2 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

If that is to me, I have the XE75 Pro and it is on the latest firmware 1.2.12.

If it is not to me, than I apologize 😁

Options
2 weeks ago

@sdaltons 

Look at the bottom of the deco it should give you the hardware version

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1009

Replies: 14

Related Articles