Archer C1200 - Devices won't connect to 2.4ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-03 08:41:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi folks. I bought the TP Link Archer C1200 a couple of months back on Amazon. It has worked great, up until a couple of weeks ago. I'm now having problems with my devices staying connected/connecting to the 2.4ghz band. 5ghz is working perfectly fine, however it takes a very long time for devices to connect to 2.4ghz. New devices, such as a friends phone, won't connect to the 2.4ghz band at all. The devices all see the band there, however they will not connect. I have the 2.4ghz as a separate band from the 5ghz. I've tried changing the channel of the band, as well as the channel width. Nothing seems to work. The firmware is up to date. Any help you can provide to alleviate this problem is appreciated. Unfortunately, my laptop and thermostat don't support 5ghz, so making sure I can connect to the 2.4ghz band is important. Thanks!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 - Devices won't connect to 2.4ghz
2017-01-03 15:26:00
Please upgrade to the latest firmware at first. Have you tried to reboot the router?
In addition, please pay attention that the 2.4GHz wireless can be impacted by multiple interferences, such as bluetooth, USB 3.0 devices, microwave oven etc. If you find such interference sources, please try to place the router to another location for a try.
Options
2017-01-07 00:21:41
Hi there. My router has the latest firmware. I have rebooted it several times to no avail. I've tried all the channels and have run a wifi analyzer to pick a channel with less interference. Some devices are able to connect, others can't. For instance, my laptop is three feet from the router and it cannot connect. I purchased this router three months ago.
Options
2017-11-01 03:03:54
BUMP! Same problem here. Router has been rebooted many multiple times, moved 3 times, and I reinstalled the current firmware. Is there not a fix for this problem yet? This is the 3rd TP Link router I've owned and the first one that I HATE had problems with!
Options
2017-11-01 10:29:46
Is the firmware of your C1200 latest one?
Change channel and channel width may help. Normally apartments have many wireless interference around.
You can also contact support.usa@tp-link.com to see if they have some solution .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2470

Replies: 4