Cannot attach files in an email, please help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 06:32:10
Model: Deco M3  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 build 20220113 rel. 38349

Hello, I installed the deco m3 and currently connected to it.  One thing i noticed is when I am in Gmail and want to attach a file i always get a "Attachment failed".  When I change the wifi to a different SSID, i.e, "CBCI-2.4" i am able to attach the file with no issues.  The deco m3 is connected to this same SSID "CBCI-2.4".  This is pretty consist as i tried using different web browsers like Yahoo or even using a different computer.  It seems the deco wifi is blocking something on the SSID that its created on.  Is there a setting that I need to configure on the deco m3 or in my gmail?  Also, if I attach files using Microsoft Outlook I dont have this issue.  So just trying to isolate this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*I am currenlty running Windows 10 on my computer.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot attach files in an email, please help!
2022-04-19 03:34:05

@JohnWick007 Hi, welcome to the community.

Thank you very much for your feedback and actually, this is the first time I got this feedback.

Was it related to a specific SSID name that made Deco fail to attach files? If yes, May I know what it is?

At the same time, it is suggested that you change the DNS server on the Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 such as:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-27 03:55:31
Hi David, Sorry for the late reply. In response to your questions. Was it related to a specific SSID name that made Deco fail to attach files? No, I dont believe so. My deco m3 is connected to the same router/modem from ISP which the SSID name is "CBCI-AA4D-2.4" When I switch back to this SSID I can attach files in gmail with no issues. I hope this makes sense. As for DNS server, I followed the link to change DNS server settings per your instructions: Under the IPV4 settings, the: Primary DNS: 75.75.75.75 Secondary DNS: 75.75.76.76 These values seem to be fixed and its does not allow me to change to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 as you suggested. I can can change the DCHP server settings, is that what you meant? There is a Primary DNS (optional) that is blank and Secondary DNS (optional) that too is blank that allows me to input. Thanks!
Options
2022-04-27 09:30:28

@JohnWick007 

Thank you for the reply.

Is the internet connection high-lighted and you might need to click internet connection type, then go to the next page.

But it is ok if you change the DNS server under DHCP.

Please let me know whether the new DNS made any difference.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-03 04:32:52
Hi David, Just so I understand your first ?, "Is the internet connection high-lighted and you might need to click internet connection type, then go to the next page." not sure what you mean by high-lighted, but the internet connection type is set to "Dynamic IP" (Obtain DNS Automatically is turned on). I restarted my computer and logged back into gmail. When I attach an email I still get an error "Attachment failed". Is there possibly a different setting that needs to be modified? Thanks again for your help.
Options
2022-05-06 06:49:48

@JohnWick007 

Thank you for your time and patience.

The following pictures might help to explain "Is the internet connection high-lighted and you might need to click internet connection type, then go to the next page."

the left one is when I am on the 4G data and the right one is on Deco Wi-Fi.

63b5e8224db84be88abd19238ca8ee50

But we don't need to worry about the DNS anymore since LAN DNS did not make any difference and I am afraid the WAN DNS would not fix it either.

I see you mentioned except for Deco, there is also an ISP router.

In this way, would you mind changing Deco to access point mode to see whether it helped with the current issue:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 5

Related Articles