A8 Router with Starlink - TP network doesn't show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-01 18:14:19 - last edited 2022-06-03 23:57:00
Tags: #Wi-Fi 6E #Troubleshooting
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: V1

We got a TP Archer A8 wireless router to increase the range of our Starlink system, but so far the TP router doesn't appear as a choice of available wireless networks.  The A8 is connected to the Starlink wifi router with a Starlink ethernet adapter.  We were told to bypass the Starlink wifi, which we did.  But before doing so and after, the TP network did not appear.  When I checked the Starlink app on my phone, it shows both Starlink and the wifi router disconnected.  I assume that the bypass would disconnect the router and suspect that the Starlink should NOT be disconnected.  So all the equipment is connected, but some part of the settings is obviously incorrect.

Any suggestions to get this system working properly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:A8 Router with Starlink - TP network doesn't show up -Solution
2022-06-03 23:54:51 - last edited 2022-06-03 23:57:00

Hi  @RussellW,

(Wrote this whole thing and forgot to start with the basics: Please make an attempt at ensuring that your device is up-to-date with the latest firmware. If unable to connect the TP-Link router to the internet, please check the firmware versions manually via the WebUI and upgrade using the Archer A8 Firmware files on our Support Site)

I am super jealous of the fact that you got Starlink. I would love to hear about your experience while using the system, and if it is viable as an internet replacement for people living in areas with strong line connections. I live in suburbia and was curious about whether interference with other dishes/networks would impact the experience. 

I have passed this piece of information along to our engineers and they have said that they will work to identify the settings that may be causing the issue. For now, they provided me with a temporary fix that will allow you to replace your Starlink Router with the Archer A8. 

If the user’s ISP is SpaceX Starlink and would like to replace their StarLink WiFi router with our TP router, they can apply the following settings as a temporary solution. 

We recommend that the user sets the following static route on our router as a temporary solution,

Network destination:192.168.100.0

Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.100.1

Interface: WAN

Please report back if this was a fix for the issue, as feedback regarding successful troubleshooting allows our teams to give valuable support and improve the experience for all users. 

588d5e3a130f442892625fb0beb9919e

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:A8 Router with Starlink - TP network doesn't show up -Solution
2022-06-03 23:54:51 - last edited 2022-06-03 23:57:00

Hi  @RussellW,

(Wrote this whole thing and forgot to start with the basics: Please make an attempt at ensuring that your device is up-to-date with the latest firmware. If unable to connect the TP-Link router to the internet, please check the firmware versions manually via the WebUI and upgrade using the Archer A8 Firmware files on our Support Site)

I am super jealous of the fact that you got Starlink. I would love to hear about your experience while using the system, and if it is viable as an internet replacement for people living in areas with strong line connections. I live in suburbia and was curious about whether interference with other dishes/networks would impact the experience. 

I have passed this piece of information along to our engineers and they have said that they will work to identify the settings that may be causing the issue. For now, they provided me with a temporary fix that will allow you to replace your Starlink Router with the Archer A8. 

If the user’s ISP is SpaceX Starlink and would like to replace their StarLink WiFi router with our TP router, they can apply the following settings as a temporary solution. 

We recommend that the user sets the following static route on our router as a temporary solution,

Network destination:192.168.100.0

Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.100.1

Interface: WAN

Please report back if this was a fix for the issue, as feedback regarding successful troubleshooting allows our teams to give valuable support and improve the experience for all users. 

588d5e3a130f442892625fb0beb9919e

Recommended Solution
Options