Use in detached building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Use in detached building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Use in detached building
Use in detached building
2022-08-20 19:38:16 - last edited 2022-08-20 23:24:54

I currently utilize a sending and a receiving antenna to send my internet connection from a centurylink dsl modem to a router in the detached building.  Will I be able to apply this solution with the mesh system?  Sorry, but not very savvy on this stuff.

this is an AX5700 system.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Use in detached building
2022-08-22 16:28:38

@LarryGMT,

It really depends on how far the receiving router would be from the main network. A mesh network could potentially be a solution for your problem; however I will need more information about your setup and what you are trying to achieve. How far apart are the building, and will the second building have heavy network traffic?

Options
2022-08-23 00:19:37

@LarryGMT 

My detached building houses a golf simulator.  Very little traffic demand, although I also have a TV which streams YouTube TV.  It is 180 feet from main building.  Currently, I am bridging the Wi-Fi signal from a CenturyLink DSL modem/router by use of Umbiquity POE antenna.  The detached building then uses a TP-Link router for the Wi-Fi.  I am adding SimpliSafe camera, entry door sensor, and glass break sensor in the detached building, therefore need the same Wi-Fi as the main building.

Today all works OK, but am hopeful the AX5700 mesh will accomplish my goal.

Thank you.

Options
2022-08-24 21:48:30

@LarryGMT 

so Since no one assisted, I fumbled through this.  I connected an Ethernet cable from the available port on the Deco AX5700 to a Umbiquity sending antenna.  The signal was recieved by the receiving antenna.  There is an Ethernet cable from there to a satellite Deco.  I have WiFi in the building, but the light on the Deco is solid red.  Any thoughts on why and if action is needed, or run things with the solid red?

Options
2022-08-24 21:49:20

@Riley_S 

so Since no one assisted, I fumbled through this.  I connected an Ethernet cable from the available port on the Deco AX5700 to a Umbiquity sending antenna.  The signal was recieved by the receiving antenna.  There is an Ethernet cable from there to a satellite Deco.  I have WiFi in the building, but the light on the Deco is solid red.  Any thoughts on why and if action is needed, or run things with the solid red?

Options
2022-08-25 23:24:46

@LarryGMT,

To me this sounds like it would be a setting on the antennae that is preventing the deco from communicating with the test of the network correctly. The red light on the deco means that there is an issue with the deco. Is there any further information given when using the application or viewing the settings for that Deco node?

Options
2022-08-26 02:42:24
No, the app indicates that satellite is online, and it is, but the light remains solid red.
Options
2022-08-26 17:34:58

@LarryGMT,

I mean if everything is operating as expected, I don't see a reason to take the network down then. I would just make sure to keep an eye out for anything that could indicate a conflict or missing feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 7

Related Articles