Dual AX6000 Network (One as router, one as Access Point)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 01:16:35
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello!

I'm having an issue with my home network. I currently have two Archer AX6000's (both hardware v1.) I am trying to connect these routers so that they share the same LAN (that way devices on the second network can use the hard drive plugged into first, as well as my Playstation). 

I have upgraded both routers to the latest firmware, and have tried changing the Operation Mode of the second router to "Access Point" but from what I can tell the primary router isn't able to see the second one. They are connect via ethernet (LAN port to LAN port). I have tried assigning a static IP to the second router, but it never takes that address, nor does it appear under the client list of the first one. Is there a step I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Some more possibly relevant info:

- I have another wireless range extender on this network in the configuration I would prefer (but that one works perfect, and has a static IP already assigned)

- The two routers are connected via powerline ethernet adapters

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dual AX6000 Network (One as router, one as Access Point)
2022-10-27 17:30:54

@geaux2015,

LAN to WAN

not LAN to LAN

When configuring multiple routers, it is sometimes easier to think of the ports as inputs and outputs, or downstream and upstreams, as the definition of WAN technically changes in this configuration to mean your other router and devices are connected under the first main router.

Options