Router Login / Google Chrome Password Manager

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 15:20:21
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553)

Feature Request:

As a matter of convenience and ease-of-use for the customer, please modify the router administration login screen to be compatible with and recognize saved passwords in the Google Chrome Password Manager.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Login / Google Chrome Password Manager
2022-11-04 20:59:55

@MSStateDawg,

I do not really know how this is programmed into the sites, but I will pass the feedback along if this is something that we can influence.

There is a function in Google Chrome to manually add a site's username and password from the settings, this may be necessary for situations such as this, especially when accessing your router via IP address. This is what I have had to do previously with password managers such as Lastpass to get my router password saved. 

If you are using a TP-Link ID to login, I do not think that Google will be able to make the connection between the two as the TP-Link domain would be completely separate from your local network's domain, you would most likely need to add a separate entry for your router login page.

Options
Re:Router Login / Google Chrome Password Manager
2022-11-07 16:41:18
I probably should have mentioned that I'm fully familiar with the Chrome password manager. Yes, I've created password entries for both the tplink domain and my local. This is about the sign-in page not being compatible/aware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 2

Related Articles