Antivirus History Report Documentation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-08 20:02:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

I have the Content Filter, Intrusion Prevention and Infected Device Quarantine turned on and have had no issues.  However, every month I get and review the report of attacks that have been blocked.  The report lists the devices that had the event along with the date, time and url info.

I am trying to figure out which devices the blocks occurred on as I can't figure it out by MAC address alone.  Is there any documentation that explains the settings, etc., or is there a way to determine which devices these are happening on other than MAC address?  I'd even settle for a way to 'translate' the MAC address if that is possible.

I just want to get to the bottom of what devices are reaching out to these sites that areg etting blocked - is it one of my TV's, a kid's phone, a PC, etc., etc., so I can try to see why.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Antivirus History Report Documentation?
2022-11-08 20:51:41

@JedClampett,

The MAC address is the easiest way to tell what devices are causing the alerts. Any other kind of identifier may change throughout the month, such as an IP address. MAC addresses are specific to every single electronic device. 

Most of the time, a specific type of device will be known to own a large pool of addresses that are similar in one aspect. As a result, there are tools online where you can type in your MAC address and it will return either the device type or manufacturer of the device. From here you can check the MAC address for those devices from their settings menu.

A few months ago, I had a user state that they had been placing every new device into an excel sheet with their MAC address and Static IP if given one. I started doing this and it has made my life so much easier, especially for situations like this. I would recommend starting to do the same as it would allow you to reference it when future reports come.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles