tp link ax6000 router created chaos after Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-29 02:41:44
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20221208 rel.45145(5553)

I was changing my Wireless password, when I noticed a notification that a new firmware update was available. 
I did the Firmware update and after doing so , my Wifi at home has been in chaos. Some devices image get frozen , others drop signal others don't even connect to Wifi anymore.
I would appreciate some help please. I've heard from a computer tech friend about doing a Firmware downgrade. 
Hope any of you guys can help me out here

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp link ax6000 router created chaos after Firmware update
2023-03-29 21:10:32

@BamesJond,

Unfortunately, looking at the patch notes for the 1.3.0 firmware, you cannot downgrade from this version. Its not the end of the world however, this just means that the optimizations that were made were relatively significant.

It is strange that its described as chaos lol

Normally when issues occur with your network, it will happen in batches, where devices will disconnect all at once, or a wif-fi band will go down. I feel like it is not common to see so many issues across all aspects of the network. For this reason, while inconvenient, you may have the best luck resetting your network as this would clear any settings or incompatibilities that were accidentally introduced.

You may check the logs of your router from the WebUI to see if there are any errors or notifications being given that could indicate what the cause is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 525

Replies: 1

Related Articles