Deco Model Nominclature and Difference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 00:02:04
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

Community:

Brand new here and I am hoping I might get some help here.  (I tried first to CA at the 626-333-0234 with no idea where the call went; just silent for over 5 minutes and then an e-mail to Tech Support with no response todate.)

I started this journey knowing that I had to replace my aging (7 yrs+) Linksys Velop, Tri-band, mest network. Having new fiber optic ISP capabilities in a new home and having "cut the cable cord" a couple years back, the old Velop just wasn't doing it anymore. (The amount of traffic two older people can generate is quite extraordinary.)

Thereby, I started researching better rated (throughput, speed, device numbers, etc.) tri-band mesh networks and found that the W7200 appeared to be a good value. That's when I found out that the Tp-Link Deco models were well beyond (all the models, as well as model differences) what I could easily discern. Compound the models by different selling channels, and you just doubled the number of potential models, e.g., the W7200 is the same as the X68. And this brings me to you, fine folks, who I hope can help me in the right direction.

1)  Does anyone have a cross reference of the selling channel model numbers, like the W7200 is the same as the X68, etc., etc.?

2)  Does anyone have a side-by-side tri-band model comparison for the x68 and higher (or differences, e.g., the x75 adds 'xyz')?

3)  Does anyone have model recommendations for an ~2600 square foot home with streaming TV's in the LVRM and all bedrooms/office (4/5)?

4)  Does anyone have any experience with the 6GHz band and it's true utility, limitations and benefits?

5)  I have heard a lot of noice about the Deco app and it's configuration limitations?  Does anyone have a comprehensive list of configuration capabilities, as well as important functions still not implemented?

Any answer to one, or part of one or more of my questions, will be so much appreciated.

Thank you ahead of time.    The "Real-Grumps" (Dave H)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco Model Nominclature and Difference
2023-05-23 09:00:19

@Real-Grumps 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Deco W7200 is exclusive to Walmart. Deco X68 would be a more general model sold on Amazon, BestBuy, and other online retailers.

As for a comparison of the tri-band mesh, you could refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/compare/?typeId=5757&productIds=52833%2C58457%2C48190

For the 6GHz of Deco, there are some brief introductions here:

Common Questions Regarding Wi-Fi 6E Deco

As for the Deco APP, here is a user manual, and due to the APP update, there might be some changes to the UI.

Deco 3.0_App Guide_REV3.0.0

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

Options