Deco M4 high CPU load at all times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 15:12:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hello,

a week ago I set up my old Deco M4 v2 in my parents house, and after setting it up I checked the web UI, and I saw the CPU usage was fluctuating at 92-97%, there were no other devices connected then the other M4, my phone and my laptop.

Is this behaviour normal for these Decos, or is it some bug?

Also, why isn't this information in the mobile Deco app?

and when is the next firmware update released?

1ae6027a059f4a5dacc0fec0162e6a51

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 high CPU load at all times
2023-07-05 09:30:43

@blcok 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It depends. If the CPU load stays at 90% or higher, it might be a bug. But it drops to a certain lower level very quickly, then it is quite normal.

When you access the web UI, it needs to pull network details from the hardware in a short time so during this moment, the CPU needs to deal with different kinds of information very quickly. I am not sure why it did not display the CPU load on the Deco APP. Personally, I think the network details on the Deco APP mainly sync from the cloud service, and it is not necessary to display many details of the hardware.

As for the next firmware, there hasn't been an expected release date but normally the new firmware will be uploaded each Friday. You could check regularly on the Deco APP and the official website.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options