Wired vs wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired vs wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wired vs wireless
Wired vs wireless
2023-07-11 19:38:00 - last edited 2023-07-11 19:39:27
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I recently changed from a Spectrum wired connection with a modem to a Verizon 5G wireless modem. My Deco is configured as "access point".  All my Deco's were connected with ethernet cables.  My "satellite" Deco devices now do not connect reliably unless I unplug the cables wihich slows the speed.  Anybody know what's going on?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired vs wireless
2023-07-12 06:17:47

@jeff423 Hi, welcome to the community.

Is there any network switch between the Deco units?

Would satellite units turn flashing red during the disconnection?

Which of the following is quite like your current network topology?

Verizon 5G wireless modem router---main Deco X60---Switch--satellite Deco X60#1

\---satellite Deco X60#2

/---main Deco X60

Verizon 5G wireless modem router-----Switch--satellite Deco X60#1

\---satellite Deco X60#2

Or

Verizon 5G wireless modem router---main Deco X60---Switch--satellite Deco X60#1---satellite Deco X60#2

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Wired vs wireless
2023-07-12 13:45:14

@David-TP 

@jeff423 Hi, welcome to the community.

Is there any network switch between the Deco units?

Would satellite units turn flashing red during the disconnection?

Which of the following is quite like your current network topology?

Verizon 5G wireless modem router---main Deco X60---Switch--satellite Deco X60#1

\---satellite Deco X60#2

/---main Deco X60

Verizon 5G wireless modem router-----Switch--satellite Deco X60#1

\---satellite Deco X60#2

Or

Verizon 5G wireless modem router---main Deco X60---Switch--satellite Deco X60#1---satellite Deco X60#2

My configuration is:

Verizon 5G wireless modem router---main Deco X60---Switch--Switch---satellite Deco X60#1---satellite Deco X60#2 (I have two switches because I need to connect my desktop computer with a cable)

Both satellite units are connected directly to the second switch with cat 8 cables.  The first switch is a TP Link TL-SG105 and the second is an old Netgear 10/100 unit which I'm currently replacing with another SG105.

The lights were green but the Deco app said they were both disconnected.  When I disconnected the ethernet cables both went back to working but were slower that when connected via cable.

Options